Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Internal Staff Auditor
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Staff Auditor performs internal audits to independently and objectively assess accuracy of financial records, effectiveness of controls, efficiency of operation, safeguarding of assets and compliance with rules and regulations.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Leads less complex audits.
2. Assists senior Audit team members with the execution of more complex financial, operational and compliance audits of various business units in conformance with the international standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing Standards.
3. Completes audit work under general supervision with some degree of latitude for initiative and independent judgment. The work involves:
a. Interview personnel to document process flows, control objectives, risks, and control procedures;
b. Assist with defining the audit scope, objective and testing procedures;
c. Assist with and execute audit programs of various business units and document relevant facts to support audit scope and conclusions on effectiveness and adequacy of areas tested.
d. Assist with effectively evaluating audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against accumulated audit evidence.
e. Assist with and develops recommendations for control improvements and presents them to management.
f. Reporting the results and conclusions to be reviewed by senior level Internal Audit personnel
4. Assists with the performance of internal control testing in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and/or COSO guidance.
5. Tracks management action plans for managing risk associated with control weaknesses resulting from internal and external audits and/or regulatory safety and soundness examinations.
6. Maintains adequate supporting work papers to ensure audit reports are properly supported.
7. Attends various committee meetings as a representative of the audit department.
8. Attends internal/external meetings and seminars to expand professional expertise to support assigned functions, as requested.
9. Keeps abreast of critical banking policies and procedures, current developments in Accounting and Auditing professions, and changes in local, state and federal laws.
10. Maintains credentials through continuing education, as applicable
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business and/or Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of education, experience, and certification
2. 0-3 years of previous audit, finance, risk management, consulting, regulatory, and/or banking experience.
3. General banking knowledge that includes compliance with bank laws, regulations and internal controls.
4. Proficient using Microsoft Office products
5. General knowledge of audit procedures, including a working knowledge of IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors) Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and the COSO Internal Control Framework.
6. Critical thinking and problem solving; able to solve/troubleshoot problems and offer practical, alternative solutions
7. Ability to organize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
8. High attention to detail.
9. Effective written and verbal communication skills
Preferred but not required:
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
* Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
* Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
* Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
* Certified Bank Auditor (CBA)
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
* Other related professional designation/certification
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will