Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Helzberg Diamonds
Helzberg Diamonds, a Berkshire Hathaway company, has opened a Payroll Manager position. The Payroll Manager oversees the payroll function. The position manages staff and associated processes and develops policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely payments to associates located in multiple states in compliance with governmental regulations and company policies. In addition, this position is responsible to ensure that all withholdings from pay are in compliance with state, local and federal regulations as well as any benefit plans currently in force.
- Oversee accurate and timely payroll payment to all associates with direct responsibility for executive payroll.
- Stay informed of legislation changes through a variety of mediums to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local payroll-related laws, including wage and hour, child support, garnishments, termination payments and taxes.
- Ensure accurate and timely deposits of tax liabilities and filing of tax returns, including W-2’s, to comply with federal, state, and local laws. This is done by verifying tax transactions processed by the third-party payroll tax service against the payroll system (Workday).
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of payroll information to the General Ledger system (Oracle) through partnership with the Treasury team and by completing monthly account reconciliations for assigned accounts. Prepares required accruals such as vacation and capitalized labor.
- Oversee garnishment process including receipt of garnishment orders, required responses, system calculations, payment remittance and inquiries.
- Review, verify and processes annual bonus payments to corporate and store employees.
- Coordinate various audits relating to the payroll system. This includes the annual savings plan audit, workers compensation audit and any other federal and state tax audits as necessary.
- Maintain strong relationships with Workday, the internal Information Technology team, and third-party vendors.
- Understand payroll strategies and deliver recommendations for improving payroll process and workflows. Ensure that payroll is processed in the most accurate, efficient, and cost-effective manner. Provide payroll analysis as necessary to assist with analyzing payroll costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, along at least three years leading the payroll function within an organization of comparable size and complexity. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Certified Payroll Professional certificate preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Workday or similar payroll-processing system is required.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is required. Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills required.
- In-depth knowledge of payroll and government regulations required
- Ability to protect the confidentiality of associate payroll information.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform the essential functions involving interacting with co-workers and managers, as well as the operation of equipment and/or materials located on site.