Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Business and Finance
at Home Start
Home Start, a leader in providing family strengthening services in San Diego County for 47 years is seeking an experienced Director to oversee office administration, operational and business activities to include financial functions, computer information management, and general office functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordination and processing of monthly invoices and contract billings
- Accounting for semi-monthly payroll transactions and associated journal entries
- Supervises Thrift Boutique store manager and warehouse operations, including accounting for daily sales, inventory and donated goods
- Assists with creation and modification of program budgets
- Assists the CFO with preparation of the annual agency budget
- Assists the CFO and auditors with preparation of schedules and information for annual audited financial reports and tax returns
- Oversees fixed assets and maintains records
- Prepares or coordinates reports to regulatory and other governmental agencies
- Assures the efficient and profitable operation of the agency’s social enterprise (Thrift Boutique)
- Performs bank reconciliations for cash accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintains appropriate supporting documentation
- Prepares assigned monthly contract billings and records cash receipts
- Processes monthly payroll journal entries (Workers’ Comp, Unemployment Insurance, 401(k), health benefits and vacation liability accruals)
- Prepares journal entries for the valuation of services provided by volunteers, in-kind donation and interns
- Processes journal entries for the allocation of Administrative expenses
- Oversees and establishes office policies, procedures and personnel
- Performs other projects and duties as directed by the CEO, CFO and Board of Directors
Skill / Requirements
BA/BS or higher education in Business or related field or equivalent and experience in non-profit accounting, administration and management required. Must have experience in coaching and developing team building to create high performance climate. Management and leadership skills a must with the ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure with multiple deadlines. Must possess cognitive thinking and strong analytical skills. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required. Must have strong computer skills with particular emphasis in the use of accounting software packages.
Home Start offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including employer paid medical and life insurance. Voluntary benefits include dental, vision, additional life insurance and AFLAC; FSA for medical and dependent care; and 401(K) Plan with employer match. Time off benefits include generous vacation, sick days and 13 holidays per year.