Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Home Start
Home Start, a leader in providing family strengthening services in San Diego County for 47 years is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to be responsible for overall accounting functions of the agency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accounts receivable, including but not limited to process billing, record revenue journal entry, record receivable payments and reconcile accounts receivable schedule
- Ensures compliance with contracts/grants and Satisfies state/federal/county reporting requirements
- Prepares month end and year end closing entries, including but not limited payroll and fringe benefits journal entry
- Prepares and monitors cost allocation plan.
- Maintain general ledger
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliation
- Performs bank reconciliation for cash accounts
- Maintains computerized accounting system and integrity of accounting data.
- Perform and assist fiscal and program audit
Skill / Requirements
BA/BS or equivalent and a minimum of four years’ experience in non-profit accounting. Ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure with multiple deadlines and attention to detail. Ability to communicate clearly to agency staff and outside contacts. Strong computer skills in the use of accounting software package and ADP. Must be able to use computer, printer, 10-key adding machine and other office equipment. Strong analytical skills are required. Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and concepts. MIP accounting experience preferred, billing experience preferred
Home Start offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including employer paid medical and life insurance. Voluntary benefits include dental, vision, additional life insurance and AFLAC; FSA for medical and dependent care; and 401(K) Plan with employer match. Time off benefits include generous vacation, sick days and holidays.