Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
The Homesite Legal Department is seeking an experienced Compliance Counsel who has demonstrated the ability to multi-task, work independently and in team settings, and deliver results. The Compliance Counsel will collaborate with Vice President of Legal on the compliance program’s effectiveness and is responsible for assisting in the continuous improvement and implementation of the compliance program strategy and promote an organizational culture that encourages ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct activities to ensure the Company and individual business units prevent recurrence of violations and adhere to regulations and policies.
- Work closely with the business unit’s compliance liaisons and provide guidance on regulatory requirements, root cause analysis and corrective action plans. Ensure issues are remedied in a timely manner.
- Manage the compliance database and provide quarterly trend reports on activity. Recommend changes where appropriate.
- Manage the life-cycle of all Regulatory Market Conduct or Financial Examinations or Investigations and provide legal guidance to the Business Units when responding to information requests or violations. Ensure deadlines are met and advocate on behalf of the Company.
- Develop and conduct a semi-annual closed issue test plan.
- Monitor the OFAC verification process and investigate reported results to determine whether action is warranted; and oversee the data tracking process for these issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Juris Doctor degree
- At least 5+ years of practical experience in the compliance or auditing area with oversight responsibility.
- Some experience with either homeowners, business owners, general liability, workers compensation, and/or surplus lines products is required.
- Understanding of insurance regulations and the ability to quickly assimilate information relating to complex issues, maintain poise, demonstrate leadership.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently and effectively manage time and prioritize work to meet multiple tight deadlines while paying strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to think fast and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Negotiation, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Must be comfortable with making judgment calls.
- Ability to appropriately balance risk, business priorities, and development resources
- Motivated learner.
- Enjoys working autonomously as well as with groups.
- Proficient organizational and computer skills.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!