Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial Analyst
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Due to growth at Homesite we are currently seeking an intelligent, analytical and energetic FP&A Analyst to join our growing team. In this position, you will provide hands on assistance in the process of high level financial planning and analysis for company decision making. You will be involved in the process of consistently improving monthly financial and operating reporting, budgeting/forecasting, and financial analysis. Your analysis will assist within the overall effort to drive financial planning. You will serve as a financial liaison to business partners via consistent constructive communication will assist in enabling them to analyze their project expenses, benefits, KPIS, and conduct effective budget to actual analysis.
* Lead expense analysis efforts by creating innovative KPI benchmarks to assist in identifying pros and cons of operational results. This will be done by partnering directly with business analysts and spend owners to create non-traditional actual to plan tracking, business insights and recommendations, and plan and forecast expense budgets
* Implement KPI workbook to not only assess overall expense management framework, but tie in key topline levers that display critical impacts to various points of the P&L
* Lead and drive forecast and planning efforts for owned functional groups while automating and implementing rolling forecast insights
* Develop, maintain, and improve standard reporting to the business partners and spend owners
* Assist in the overall AmFam Direct planning process collaborating and communicating with functions across the organization and enterprise
* Assist in the process of preparation of internal management reporting on segment and product levels for presentation to senior management on a regular (monthly) basis
* Contribute to the ongoing efforts to enhance financial modeling to drive decision making
* Frequent Ad Hoc analysis and special projects
* BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
* CFA or MBA preferred
* 5+ years total work experience, including substantial (>3 years) FP&A experience above the analyst level
* Understand accounting fundamentals and financial statements
* Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
* Unparalleled customer service orientation
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and within a team and take on new tasks as needed
* Expert-level MS Excel skills or other data manipulation software (Tableau) is a plus
* Expert-level MS PowerPoint skills
* Experience within Insurance industry is a plus
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!