Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior IT Internal Auditor
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
The Senior IT Internal Auditor, under the direction of the Internal Audit Director, will be responsible for performing IT-related internal audit projects, as part of a comprehensive internal audit plan. This responsibility includes preparing internal audit scopes, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports. Work will also include working on an initiative to implement a more comprehensive continuous auditing and data analytics program within the department. The Senior IT Internal Auditor will play a key role in providing ongoing internal controls consulting and establishing strong partnerships with management in supporting key initiatives and projects. This position will also be responsible for jointly developing the department’s IT audit plan and ensuring it is completely timely. Anticipated travel is expected to be less than 5% for this position.
- Conduct audit engagements from start to finish including audit planning, identification of risks and control objectives, execution of audit testing, and presentation of audit findings to key business units and management.
- Work with key business stakeholders to develop the most effective solutions to potential control gaps.
- Draft audit reports and other formal written communication to business units and management.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the Audit Department and throughout the Company.
- Assist in the planning and design of the audit universe and the annual audit plan.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the insurance industry and become familiar with the company’s products, as well as its systems and operations.
- Solid understanding of key IT internal control concepts and experience in applying them to a plan.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively present to peers and management.
- Leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, MAR/SOX, COBIT/NIST frameworks, and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Sound business acumen.
- Ability to manage projects concurrently.
- High degree of flexibility.
- Comfortable in a high-paced environment with frequent changes.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field.
- 3+ years of IT controls experience.
- Strong working knowledge in using ACL or other data analysis tools.
- Attainment or progression towards related certifications (e.g., CISA).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a strong team member.
- Prior insurance industry experience is a plus.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!