Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst - Business Services
at Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin
Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, valuation, and other related financial advisory services for a broad range of U.S. and international clients. Our experience in M&A has earned us consistent recognition throughout the industry. In 2019, we were ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions.
Houlihan Lokey’s Business Services Group offers M&A advisory, capital raising, valuation, and corporate restructurings to public and private companies. We work with companies providing professional and technology-related services across a number of end markets and regularly collaborate with other Houlihan Lokey industry and product groups to bring the highest level of knowledge, services, and relationships to our clients.
Our team covers a broad array of sectors, with bankers dedicated to each of our primary coverage areas. We maintain deep, senior-level relationships with major strategic and financial buyers of professional and technology-related services companies, as well as large, public, and private company thought leaders within the industry.
As one of the leading M&A advisors in our sector, we help open doors to opportunities—whether our clients are seeking a strategic or financial partner in a change-of-control or minority-investment transaction.
Financial Analysts in the Business Services Group support investment banking engagements and new business development efforts. They work primarily on the execution of mergers and acquisitions transactions, as well as develop expertise and build relationships with clients in one or more sectors within the Business Services coverage universe. The Business Services team has particularly strong sector practices in the areas of Marketing Services, IT Services, BPO Services, Information Services, Engineering & Construction, Testing, Inspection & Certification, and Rental Services. As part of our team, you will:
- Prepare, analyze and help explain historical and projected financial information;
- Perform valuations of companies and businesses;
- Coordinate and perform business due diligence and execute M&A transactions;
- Prepare confidential memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches and other presentations;
- Assist in the marketing and planning of engagements; and
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients, prospective clients and professional advisors.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is both collegial and entrepreneurial. Teamwork is essential to the firm’s success. At the same time, creativity and new ideas are encouraged. Financial Analysts are given substantial responsibility and are encouraged to help us grow our business.
The ideal candidate will have prior investment banking experience, a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. While teamwork is essential to the firm’s success, creativity and new ideas are encouraged.
- At least 1-2 years of investment banking experience is required.
- Course work in accounting and finance required.
- Strong analytical capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A fundamental understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications.
- Strong financial and computer (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.