Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst - Financial Restructuring
at Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin
Houlihan Lokey has the largest, most experienced worldwide financial restructuring practice of any investment banking firm, with more than 200 professionals in offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. In 2018, we worked on more than 150 restructuring-related transactions on behalf of companies, their creditors and shareholders, and other constituents. Houlihan Lokey has advised on more than 1,000 restructuring transactions, with aggregate debt claims in excess of $2.5 trillion.
Our group employs an interdisciplinary approach to engagements and is accustomed to evaluating complex, highly leveraged situations in short timeframes. We are also a recognized leader in achieving merger and acquisition transactions for distressed companies.
Financial Restructuring hires Financial Analysts to work specifically with the group, assisting with a variety of transactions, including debtor- and creditor-side restructurings and distressed mergers and acquisitions. The group offers a unique opportunity for financial analysts to work on projects that provide exposure to a wide variety of financial advisory and investment banking products and transactions across a variety of industries. These services include:
- Advising clients in out-of-court and Chapter 11 restructurings
- Executing distressed M&A transactions
- Raising debt and equity
- Participating in complex negotiations on behalf of our clients
Financial Analysts are typically members of deal teams comprising at least one Managing Director, Vice President, Associate, and Financial Analyst.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is results-driven and entrepreneurial, and, as such, rewards Financial Analysts with substantial responsibility. The ideal candidate should be motivated, creative, and outgoing, and should possess strong skills in financial analysis. Candidates must have a strong knowledge of accounting and applied financial theory, keen analytical capabilities, and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- At least one year of investment banking, consulting, corporate development, project finance, accounting or similar experience is highly recommended; exceptional candidates from the undergraduate Class of 2018 graduates may be considered. No Class of 2019 graduates, please.
- Bankruptcy or restructuring experience a plus, but not required.
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Applied Economics and/or course work in accounting and finance is highly recommended
- Fundamental understanding of valuation theory, methodologies, and applications
- Strong financial and computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff
- Strong analytical abilities, including financial modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V