Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst - Power & Utilities
at Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin
Houlihan Lokey has the largest, most experienced worldwide financial restructuring practice of any investment banking firm, with nearly 200 professionals in offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. In 2019, we worked on more than 150 restructuring-related transactions on behalf of companies, their creditors and shareholders, and other constituents. Houlihan Lokey has advised on more than 1,000 restructuring transactions, with aggregate debt claims in excess of $2.5 trillion.
Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, and other related advisory services for a broad range of U.S. and international clients. Our experience in M&A has earned us consistent recognition throughout the industry. In 2019, we were ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions.
Power & Utilities Group
Houlihan Lokey’s Power & Utilities (“P&U”) Group provides a unique opportunity to work on both complex financial restructuring transactions as well as gain valuable experience in sellside and buyside M&A transactions as well as bespoke capital markets activities. The P&U Group has worked on all 15 of the largest P&U restructurings since 2000 including Pacific Gas & Electric, SunEdison, Enron, and Energy Future Holdings. In addition, the P&U Group has led a number of global M&A sellside and buyside mandates of power plants, independent power producers, investor owned utilities, and renewable power developers. The P&U Group also provides industry support for HLI’s market leading fairness and valuation practice.
The P&U Group hires new Financial Analysts to work specifically with the group, assisting with a variety of transactions, including creditor- and debtor-side restructurings and various M&A transactions. The group offers a unique opportunity for Financial Analysts to work on projects that provide exposure to various financial advisory and investment banking business lines which provides valuable experience from both a healthy and distressed transaction perspective. These services include:
- Advising clients in out-of-court and Chapter 11 restructurings
- Debt and equity financings
- M&A advisory services including both sellside and buyside
- Assisting Boards of Directors in evaluating strategic transactions
- Participating in complex negotiation on behalf of our clients
Financial Analysts are typically members of deal teams comprising at least one Managing Director, Vice President, Associate, and Financial Analyst. As a Financial Analyst, you will join a team that focuses on complex analytics, financial models, valuation, industry knowledge, and transaction execution across a wide range of industries and asset classes (e.g. solar, wind, complex portfolios, etc.).
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is results-driven and entrepreneurial, and, as such, rewards Financial Analysts with substantial responsibility. The ideal candidate should be motivated, creative, and outgoing, and should possess strong skills in financial analysis. Candidates must have a strong knowledge of accounting and applied financial theory, keen analytical capabilities, and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- At least one year of investment banking, consulting, corporate development, project finance, accounting or similar experience is highly recommended
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Applied Economics and/or course work in accounting and finance is highly recommended
- Working knowledge of US power markets and/or experience with the power generation, IPP, or renewable energy industries
- Fundamental understanding of valuation theory, methodologies, and applications
- Strong financial and computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff
- Strong analytical abilities, including financial modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.