Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Programmer Analyst III
at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
Programmer Analyst III
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
The Programmer Analyst III's role is to develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of business requirements. This position will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. Additionally, the Programmer Analyst III is also responsible for supervising and/or leading the development of new systems, directing changes to existing systems and controlling the interfaces between the systems, initiating complex feasibility studies and making recommendations of the action to be taken.
Up to 25%
- Develop, test, and troubleshoot software solutions in different programming languages using approved methodologies and tools.
- Analyze customer needs and implement software solutions that automate/optimize processes.
- Develops necessary supporting documentation for software life cycle and maintenance.
- Participate in project acceptance, installation and deployment.
- Analyze and benchmark third party software vendors to provide recommendations to end users based on their needs/requirements.
- Provide assistance and training to users on in-house and third party applications/databases.
- Participate in team code reviews, and enforces established software development best practices internal coding standards and policies.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Minimum Hire Rate
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Must be team oriented, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Experience using WCF Services, jQuery, Entity Framework, Bootstrap, and adhoc reporting tools.
- Experience working directly with end users is a plus.
HSC - El Paso
Information Services Elp
Resume / CV, Transcript
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus three (3) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal seven (7) years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Navy Enlisted Classification Code
IT, 182X, 682X, 782X
Army Military Occupational Specialty Code
25B, 255A, 255S
Air Force Specialty Code
Marine Military Occupational Specialty Code