Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
at Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
- Location : Company Name
- Pyramid Hotel Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
Nestled into Perimeter Summit and surrounded by ultra-chic neighborhoods like Buckhead and Brookhaven, Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina, a lavish urban hotel with the comfort and sophistication of a resort, with 182 guest rooms and over 13,000 square feet of meeting space is one of the newest hotels to join the PHG Family. Find out today what a career at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina with Pyramid Hotel Group can mean for you!
We're looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our Finance department! This candidate must be an organized self-starter, innovative and have strong oral and written communication skills. Must have basic knowledge of accounting and computer operations. Must be able to analyze and resolve issues that come up with regard to collections and credit. Must have a Yes I Can attitude.
Purpose: The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for billing and collecting all revenue owed to the hotel in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with Pyramid Hotel Group accounting policies and procedures.
Job Responsibilities (others may be assigned):
- Sort and verify accuracy of Night Audit work (primarily receivable aspect), i.e. including reconciliation of banquet check extensions, coding of revenue, review and route sales and promotion checks with back-up.
- Review daily Income Journal transactions for accuracy and make additions or corrections to mapping as needed. Research and resolve any discrepancies or out of balance.
- Review sales tax posting on a daily basis to ensure all exemptions are recorded appropriately and have the necessary back-up. Utilize the tax exemption tracking and reconciliation programs in place to ensure sales tax liability is reconciled each day.
- Post city ledger payments in PMS system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Director of Finance of any potential uncollectible amounts. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all invoices and correspondence sent.
- Monitor deposit schedules for upcoming events and notify appropriate Sales/Catering Sales Manager of any past due deposits; follow up as needed with the Director of Finance to ensure that all events are paid in full prior to the date of the event. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of deposits.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Director of Finance of any discrepancies.
- Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Input General Cashier Summary.
- Respond to credit card disputes and inquiries.
- Respond to guest billing and credit card inquiries.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliations.
- Copy and file various reports and records.
Full benefits package! FREE Lunch, FREE Parking!
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills required.
- Must possess a “Can Do” attitude and be a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and complete multiple projects is required.
- Knowledge of OPERA Property Management System and Micros or Simphony Point of Sales systems strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, with or without a calculator, as related to calculating and analyzing metrics used in hospitality and accounting.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in English with coworkers, employees, owners and management, both written and verbally.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years’ hotel experience, preferably in an up-scale (4/5 Star) hospitality environment.