Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial - Compensation Management
at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With a home office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices in all 92 counties, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance serves Hoosiers with nearly 450 agents and 1,200 employees, who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner's insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
Our employees are flexible and creative professionals who are passionate about supporting their colleagues and their community. If you’re looking for a stable organization where career advancement and work life balance are well supported, consider making your next move to Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance!
Currently we have a need for an experienced person to lead our Payroll and Agency Commissions team. This position is critical in ensuring employees and agents are paid accurately, timely and in compliance with government regulations. This person will also provide support and guidance to our payroll and commissions team.
Some of what you’ll be doing:
- Leading a team, providing direction, setting goals and ensuring overall department and company goals are attained
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local payroll laws and best practices
- Building an effective team that collaborates across all departments within the organization
- Establishing effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the organization
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in payroll, accounting or similar role in a supervisory function
- Must have solid knowledge of tax laws relating to payroll such as withholding, wage-hour laws, and record keeping plus reporting
- Prior knowledge with technical commissions and an in-depth understanding of commission structures
- Experience with Ultimate software is highly preferred
- Proven ability to hire and coach others and measure employee work performance
- Demonstrated success working under pressure, meeting strict deadlines and prioritizing multiple projects
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy