Jim Click Automotive Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Receivable File Clerk
at Jim Click Automotive Group
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs semi-routine clerical accounts receivable duties in
accordance with established accounting procedures, specific instructions and work routines. Summarizes accounts
receivable to journal entries, makes simple journal entries, balances and reconciles schedules and prepares
summaries and routine reports. Files documents alphabetically and numerically dependent on material and
previously established system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares and/or reviews in an accurate and timely manner a variety of complex financial reports with differing lead times and due dates throughout the month.
- Transfers summary figures accurately and legibly from worksheets to hand and computer generated journals.
- Prepares detailed status reports on work in progress and back logged filing daily.
- Maintains work in progress list at all times.
- Receives directions regarding accounting/bookkeeping assignments and then follows through on assignments.
- Audits/reconciles journals, schedules and other work products to insure accuracy or delegate such duties and follows-up to insure completion and accuracy.
- Compiles correct data from miscellaneous sources and creates appropriate format for business manager's use.
- Transfers file data and figures accurately and legibly from listings to file folders or folders to listings.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- English reading, English communication and math skills sufficient to perform the job duties required (approximately the 10th grade level).
- Communicates accounting and related concepts in English (at approximately 10th grade level).
- Reads, transfers and compares a series of "18" number and letter combinations accurately.
- Utilizes calculating equipment, adding machine and computer quickly and accurately for majority of work -day.
- Records accounting data (taken by phone or in person) accurately and quickly and/or enter simultaneously into computer system.
- Daily attendance with overtime as assigned on a regular and consistent basis.
- Uses personal computer to prepare documents and reports on a regular and consistent basis. Works on a
- VDT for up to six (6) hours utilizing a variety of programs and systems.
- Accurately works in an enclosed area with moderate but consistent amount of background noise and interruption.
- Ability to stay on task in order to insure timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Receives direction regarding assignments and then follows through on assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to maintain good employee relations by acting courteously and amicably towards other co-workers.
Apply in person at 780 W Competition Rd, Monday through Friday, from 8am to 3:30pm.