Arizona Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Managing Director - Healthcare Finance
at Arizona Bank & Trust
Arizona Bank & Trust is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Managing Director - Healthcare Finance will be responsible for the sales, service, and retention of complex and profitable companies within the health care industry. Incumbents are responsible to grow a diversified portfolio of exposures across select healthcare sectors through a combination of direct origination, sponsor finance and participation in club transactions. This person is also responsible for developing and implementing strategies and tactics to achieve business goals for the team, this includes new business development, portfolio management, credit quality, and overall relationship management of commercial customers in this space. The Managing Director - Healthcare Finance is an industry expert who will develop a centralized national middle market healthcare vertical across the footprint of Heartland.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Acts as primary contact for new business development which focuses on the acquisition of complex and profitable Healthcare customer relationships through involvement in industry events and relationships with Private Equity, Healthcare companies and Middle Market Healthcare lenders.
2. Sources prospects and COI's
3. Responsible for setting and defining direction, policies, and guidelines for organization’s middle market Healthcare banking.
4. Cross sells all bank products; directs the coordination of product partners in the attainment of business plans
5. Owns or designates primary point of contact to ensure an excellent customer relationship
6. Individual budget responsibility in alignment with Incentive Plan Goals
7. Works in collaboration with credit professionals to produce written support of new or renewing credit exposure
8. Works with compliance, credit review, and auditors to ensure credit extension is within policy and applicable laws and regulation
9. Mentors less experienced Relationship Managers
10. Monitors credit quality within assigned portfolios and takes action when necessary; Manages credit risk and portfolio quality; Reviews client credit quality; Determines credit grading; Develops solutions for problem loan credit
11. Performs risk ratings on new and existing loans (i.e., analyzes financial statements addressing industry risks, collateral requirements, loan structuring, pricing and credit analysis); Writes complex credit memorandum highlighting key information and areas of concern for lending relationships; Maintains superior knowledge of financial industry status and trends to align ratings and recommendations with strategic goals
12. Ensures that the middle market healthcare sector is managed per the standards set by the Bank as well as government and industry regulations.
13. Identifies, evaluates, structures and documents commercial credit transactions
14. Participates in joint calls with business partners to develop customers
15. Drives revenue growth through self-sourced opportunities within the upper-end / more complex universe of commercial customers and prospects.
16. Performs other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has direct supervisory and administrative responsibilities.
1. Directly supervises 3-5 specialty lenders based in states within the HTLF footprint
2. Works with Heartland’s Human Resource recruitment team to identify and hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance, salary adjustments and/or promotions.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development and career development opportunities.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department, according to the review process deadline.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 10+ years’ experience prospecting and relationship managing commercial/corporate clients (clients with $20MM+ in annual revenue) in Corporate Agribusiness required
2. Bachelor's degree (BA or BS), Master’s Preferred
3. Strong track record of success in new business development in one or more of the Specialized segments referenced above with an established referral network in place
4. Superior knowledge of commercial banking products and services (both credit and non-credit)
5. Significant sales/client interfacing experience demonstrating respect and positive attitude
6. Proven consultative sales approach and track record of opening new markets/business development
7. Must be able to assess and analyze financial conditions of a middle market relationship and Ag Business industry trends
8. Ability to work independently and leverage professional relationships within and outside multiple bank brands
9. Deep understanding of capital structures
10. Deep product knowledge in all bank offerings
11. Extensive knowledge of financial analysis, risk evaluation, loan documentation and commercial loan structures
12. Full utilization of sales automation tools and related technologies
13. Superior sales presentation, interpersonal, negotiation and written and verbal communication skills, evidenced both internally and externally
14. Proven experience building strong relationships in a new geography
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Tim Type:Full time
It's always more fun to say "hello" and "thank you" in person, but in today’s electronic world, such opportunities are often diminished. Taking time to visit our career site might be the beginning of a relationship, or it might be one more way of continuing a relationship that has been in place for some time. Either way, we would like to say "welcome" to Arizona Bank & Trust and extend an invitation to visit us any time at any of our locations in Mesa, Phoenix, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, and Scottsdale.
At Arizona Bank & Trust, we believe that outstanding customer service is the most important core value we can offer you. Our employees strive for it by understanding your particular situation and providing products and services that exceed your expectations. We know that customer trust and satisfaction must be earned every day and in every way. We pledge to demonstrate this each time you use our bank, on site and online.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will