Ashton Tiffany LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthcare Underwriter / Claims Analyst (large group - employee benefits)
at Ashton Tiffany LLC
Ashton Tiffany, LLC, has been making risk management fun (seriously) since 1995. For 20 years and counting, we’ve helped our clients reduce risk—and reduce the cost of it. Our specialty areas include insurance pool administration, self-insurance services, and outsourced risk management programs.
That’s what we do, but the how is just as important to us. We’re committed to active listening, rigorous fundamentals, innovative thinking, and – unusually, in this business – having a good time at work.
Ashton Tiffany has approximately 100 employees in its central Phoenix office. We were named one of Phoenix’s Best Places to Work by the Business Journal for the past 12 years, and one of AZ Central’s Top Companies to Work For in Arizona for the past five years.
Our company is driven by four core values: a Fun and professional culture, Operational excellence, Financial strength, and an Outstanding reputation.
That’s FOFO to us.
We are seeking an Employee Benefits (Healthcare) Underwriter / Claims Analyst to join our team.
Here’s what you’d be doing in this newly created role:
- Calculating renewal rates for existing book of business
- Calculating rates and plan designs for group prospects
- Assessing plan design changes and their financial implications
- Assisting Accounting with budget preparation
- Coordinating with other departments and outside vendors to ensure the accuracy and consistency of account reporting
- Providing underwriting knowledge-sharing and education to internal and external partners
- Producing periodic summary reviews for client health plan performance
- Maintaining data integrity from multiple sources for reporting to senior leadership
- Providing analysis and recommendations for more complex groups and rating scenarios
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Producing and maintaining documentation to support underwriting recommendations and rate calculations
- Reviewing property and casualty exposures, including evaluation of abnormal exposure changes
- Analyzing loss history and providing underwriting and rating recommendations to member services representatives
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years Large Group underwriting experience (required)
- P&C, GL experience helpful
- Bachelors degree in business, math, accounting, statistics, or related field of study (required)
- Report creation and maintenance experience
- Data warehouse experience helpful
- Strong math and analytical capabilities
- Strong attention to detail
Here’s what we’re bringing to the table:
- Competitive pay
- 100% company-paid medical and dental benefits (50% dependent coverage!)
- Health savings account (HSA) plan with generous company contribution
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Company-sponsored life insurance policy
- Tuition and professional development reimbursement
- Generous paid time off
- Charity events
- Team building events
- A killer company social calendar
- An award-winning culture and work environment
- FOFO up to the rafters, and perhaps most important,
- Great people who believe in what we do and what we’re all about