Casa de la Luz Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Casa de la Luz Hospice
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time 40
- Shift (Days/Hours)
- Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
Casa de la Luz Hospice is seeking to hire an Accounting Assistant to join our team!
Position is Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
This Position also includes Excellent Benefits -Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), PTO, and more!
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. They built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals.
By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience. Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the company's daily operations. Casa de la Luz Hospice has established an outstanding reputation for compassionate and superior care. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Casa has also been voted as Tucson's Best Place to Work on more than one occasion due to our committment to our employees. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
The accounting assistant supports the accounting department staff and its functions on a daily basis.
- Supports the payroll specialist to ensure timely and accurate payroll generation
- Reviews and resolves discrepancies with payroll, benefit information and documentation (i.e., benefit providers, withholding versus W4, salary status, late hires, leaves of absence, separating employees, etc.), to ensure accuracy of records and employee payments.
- Reviews payroll and a variety of insurance-related information (i.e., payroll reports, FMLA requirements, etc.), to ensure accuracy of payroll and insurance records.
- Responds to inquiries regarding payroll procedures (i.e., wage levies and garnishments, direct deposits, etc.), to provide appropriate action and comply with established fiscal guidelines.
- High school diploma or GED required, supplemented by six (6) credit hours of college-level coursework in accounting or a related field, or (3) years experience in accounting operations.
- Two years of experience in a healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in a variety of office practices and procedures, and use of office equipment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs, including an extensive understanding of Excel.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Proficient accounting skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public in handling complaints.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality policies regarding patient and employee information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.