Casa de la Luz Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Casa de la Luz Hospice
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time 40
- Shift (Days/Hours)
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Casa de la Luz is celebrating 20 years of Superior Care and
has grown to become the leader in hospice care services in Southern AZ!
Casa de la Luz is Seeking to Hire an Experienced Payroll Specialist to Join our Team!
Schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Salary for this position starts at $15-$19/hour, DOE
Excellent Full Time Benefits Available!
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. They built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals.
By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience. Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the company's daily operations. Casa de la Luz Hospice has established an outstanding reputation for compassionate and superior care. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Casa has also been voted as Tucson's Best Place to Work on more than one occasion due to our commitment to our employees. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
The Payroll specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of payroll functions of the agency.
- Accurately enters employee and payroll data, including timesheet information, into the payroll information system
- Prepares employee paychecks including withholding calculations accurately and in accordance with applicable federal and state regulations
- Works with the Accounting Manager and members of the management team in resolving employee payroll problems.
- Responds to external requests for employee payroll information by accumulating and forwarding the requested documentation to the Executive Director for approval.
- Works with human resource personnel in maintaining employee data base information.
- Accurately processes check requests including auditing for accuracy, proper authorization, and completeness of supporting documentation.
- Alerts appropriate management team members regarding late or missing documents required for payroll.
- Processes and prints payroll checks and submits them to the Chief Clinical Officer for approval and signature.
- Maintains complete and accurate payroll records.
- Creates quarterly and annual payroll reports.
- Prepares and distributes year-end W-2 and 1099 forms.
- Assists the Executive Director and Accounting Manager in reconciling payroll accounts.
- Maintains 401K employee information and reports, accounting for benefit plans including section 125 plans.
- Work collectively with 401K Trustee and Plan Administrator to ensure accurate and timely contributions.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with employees and other customers.
- Processes garnishments and levys.
- Maintains the confidentiality of employee and agency information at all times.
- Performs other specific projects relating to payroll and personnel as required.
- Adheres to Casa Mission and Core Values as well as Job Non-negotiables.
- Associate's degree in Accounting or related field, and 3 – 5 years experience processing payroll for 100+ employees, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability to accurately manage detailed information.
- Able to deal tactfully with employees.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Thorough knowledge of Quickbooks, SAGE ABRA, Excel, Microsoft Office, calculator and internet.