Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Underwriting Analytics
- Bridgecrest Loan Servicing
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Head of Underwriting Analytics
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 17 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 138 retail locations and 20 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Assistant Director of Underwriting Analytics you will lead the enhancement of our loan underwriting programs and procedures, spotting potential risks and ensure a policy and infrastructure that supports risk management. We are looking for a well-rounded analyst who can lead key initiatives from inception to execution by applying strategic and analytical skills and partnering with analyst, technology and operations teams across the enterprise.
In long, the Assistant Director of Underwriting Analytics is responsible for:
- Developing business strategies that will drive growth, profitability and competitive success for DriveTime in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behaviors.
- Working closely with colleagues across DriveTime including leaders in Marketing, Data Science, Finance, Risk Management, Underwriting Operations to drive analytical insights, improve credit results and enhance profitability.
- Independently utilize quantitative analysis techniques to assess credit risk exposure; identify, analyze and monitor issues that affect profitability, growth and productively.
- Assisting with assessment of new process/strategy opportunities and to identify and validate key assumptions.
- Development of credit policy and improvement of underwriting processes by identifying step-change opportunities by studying historical account performance, testing hypothesis and generating rigorous analysis to support policy recommendations.
- Managing, developing and leading a team of analysts. Hiring, coaching and mentoring of junior analysts with a goal of developing and retaining DriveTime talent.
- Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, open-minded and proactive approach to thinking.
- Problem solving. You should have a track record of using critical thinking and advanced analytics approaches to solving credit risk management problems.
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- College Degree in a quantitative major (Business, Economics, Math/Statistics, Finance, Engineering or similar discipline) or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of analytics experience in the consumer financial services industry.
- Track record of solving high stakes credit risk, loan-level pricing and consumer credit underwriting problems.
- Extensive experience performing data analysis and summarizing findings.
- Strong understanding of data sources/warehouses, data mining and data analysis techniques and preferably expertise in R, Python, STATA, SAS and/or SQL.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!