Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Accounts Manager
at Pediatric Associates
Patient Accounts Manager
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Patient Accounts.
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the Revenue Cycle Management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages Patient Account Representatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Manages, train, and provide resources for staff to promote excellence.
- Oversees immediate staff and utilizes proper protocol during employee counseling’s due to misconduct or performance improvement recommendations.
- Monitors quality and production to secure highest possible departmental performance.
- Assist with identifying and resolving patient complaints.
- Review refunds and system adjustment for management approval.
- Oversees team’s productivity, audit, track and report problems. Compiles statistical data on a monthly basis.
- Meet with fellow managers on a regular basis to ensure continuity on managing staff.
- Maintains strictest of confidentiality.
- Handles interaction with collection agency.
- Maintains Collection Agency Analysis; raises issues and trends to Director.
- Identifies and works delinquent accounts by aging period and updates payment sources.
- Performs collection actions including contacting patients by telephone.
- Updates necessary information to ensure account resolution.
- Ensures insurance information is correct and active when applicable.
- Manages the research and reconciliation of unapplied/misapplied payments and credit balances.
- Assist with special projects and reports to increase revenue.
- Monitors and ensures phone coverage is adequate.
- Audits accounts for compliance.
- Ensures mail correspondence is handled on a timely manner.
- Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in professional office environment. Involves interaction with management and medical providers. May require sitting for long periods. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate calculator, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Must be able to communicate clearly both written and verbally. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in a high volume environment. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Three years supervisory or management experience in a medical environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of billing and patient collection policies and procedures. Skill in defining problems, collection of data, interpreting billing information. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in both English and Spanish.