Sandia Area Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sandia Area Federal Credit Union
Are you looking for a NEW & EXCITING OPPORTUNITY?
Sandia Area Federal Credit Union is looking for a new team member to join our Accounting Department.
The Accounting Representative will be responsible for performing routine and detailed procedures in the accounting department.
The duties and responsibilities of the Accounting Representative include but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of activities to assist the manager in maintaining the financial, statistical, and accounting records of the Credit Union
- Enters data into the accounting systems, and generate reports on a daily basis. Prepares various financial, regulatory, and special reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Transfers funds as requested, ensuring transmittal, receipt, or scheduled transfers are complete and compliant
- Verifies and maintains Fixed Assets and Prepaid Expense subsidiary ledgers, verifying the depreciation and amortization reports
- Prepares accounts payable items
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, researching and posting correction entries as needed or directed
- Resolves accounting problems, determining the cause, preparing a resolution, and expediting the correction or adjustment
Skill / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates degree or equivalent coursework in Accounting or related field is desired
- Minimum of 2 years financial institution experience with progressive knowledge of accounting procedures
- General knowledge of credit union accounting operations may be desirable
- Knowledge of debits, credits and basic math
- Familiarity with accounts payable
- Ability to set priorities to meet deadlines
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
This position is located on Kirtland AFB
Core scheduling hours: Mon - Fri 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, with alternating schedule of Mon - Thur 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Fri 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
This is a full time, benefits eligible position!