Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fiscal Support Technician - Finance
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: H
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Incumbents are responsible for performing routine bookkeeping activities such as processing documents related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and procurement. Incumbents prepare routine reports, perform routine accounting calculations and data review, and balance accounts. Acts as contact person for routine clerical accounting questions and inquiries.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., completion of additional bookkeeping coursework; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Prior basic accounting experience is preferred.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· None Required.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· General office procedures;
· Customer service principles;
· Recordkeeping practices and procedures;
· Filing techniques and practices;
· Modern office equipment;
· Bookkeeping principles;
· Basic accounting principles;
· Basic mathematical concepts;
· Applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations;
· Basic inventory control principles.
· General practices and procedures in area of assignment;
· Grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Using a computer and related software applications;
· Operating modern office equipment;
· Providing customer service;
· Entering information into a database;
· Using a 10-key machine;
· Balancing and reconciling fiscal data;
· Resolving bookkeeping discrepancies;
· Maintaining records;
· Processing information and paperwork;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Job Contact Information
Friday, September 6, 2019 12:00 AM -
Friday, September 20, 2019 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)