Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll Coordinator - Business & Finance Services
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: L
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The job of Senior Payroll Coordinator is done for the purpose(s) of ensuring the timely and accurate compensation of District employees; meeting operational requirements and providing guidance and direction to other staff; ensuring accuracy of payroll and insurance records; and conveying information necessary to complete transactions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
· Time Clock Plus Manager: Set up and manage users in Time Clock Plus, ensure records are approved in a timely manner, import payroll file biweekly.
· Assists in the preparation of various reports (e.g. bank reconciliation, state and federal quarterly taxes) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information to district personnel, local, county, state and/or federal agencies
· Generates payroll for the purpose of distributing employees’ payroll in both manual or electronic format in accordance with published schedule
· Attends selected professional meetings and workshops for the purpose of maintaining proficiency in current business practices by upgrading skills and knowledge.
· Manages ASRS online enrollments and complete ASRS ending payroll verification forms.
· Coordinates preparation of biweekly payroll for the purpose of ensuring the timely and accurate compensation of District employees.
· Informs personnel and/or carriers and/or financial institutions regarding required documentation and/or procedures for the purpose of conveying information necessary to complete transactions.
· Maintains payroll-related records (e.g. employee pay classification, dependent status, available sick leave, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the timely and accurate compensation of District employees.
· Oversees employee garnishment process
· Serves as a lead to other department staff for the purpose of meeting operational requirements and providing guidance and direction to other staff. Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
· Reviews payroll and various insurance-related information (e.g. payroll reports, medical/dental/vision/disability billing forms, carrier forms, COBRA requirements, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of payroll and insurance records.
· Serves as a back up for the purpose of ensuring timely and accurate payroll processing in the absence of the Payroll Director.
· Responds to inquiries for the purpose of providing information or direction to appropriate source. Creates/implements queries and processes a variety of reports (e.g. deductions, retired employees, court order adjustments, subpoena of payroll records, etc.) to ensure timely and accurate compliance of requests
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Job related experience within specialized field is required.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; overall knowledge of entire department and the functions of each desk; extensive knowledge of applicable software; extensive knowledge of Federal, State, and district accounting procedures and policies regarding payroll.
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: utilize pertinent software applications; plan and manage projects; standard clerical procedures; operate standard office equipment.
ABILITY (position requirements at entry):
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. In working with others, independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires analysis based on organizational objectives; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities, working with constant and sustained interruptions; maintaining confidentiality; interpreting and analyzing data; communicate with diverse groups; record keeping; meet deadlines and schedules; work under time constraints.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, and intense noises.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Job Contact Information
|Name||Susan "Lindie" Evans|
|Title||Director - Payroll|
Friday, November 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)