Katz, Sapper & Miller
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Specialist (Part-Time)
at Katz, Sapper & Miller
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. With more than 400 employees, KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to have locations in Fort Wayne, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
Payroll Specialist Job Summary (Part-time)
We are seeking an experienced part-time, reliable payroll specialist to join our growing company. In this role you will oversee payroll operations, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. You will work in a high-volume office, processing changes for more than 400 employees. You will work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, demonstrating precision and expertise, in order to maximize efficiency and productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with confidential firm and personnel matters, requires ability to keep matters confidential
- Consistently, accurately process payroll bi-weekly
- Audit timesheets accurately to ensure wages and benefits are properly distributed
- Accurately record and document all transactions, as directed
- Research, analyze, and resolve all discrepancies, reporting to management as needed
- Ensure accurate taxation and garnishment is applied to each account
- Review and approve expenses for processing
- Calculate bonuses and commissions when appropriate
- Facilitate in end-of-month closing, journal entries
- Other responsibilities as needed
Skill / Requirements
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required - Associate's degree preferred
- 3 or more years' experience working in payroll or similar role
- Work 25-30 hours a week, flexible schedule
- Significant experience working in multi-state payroll is a plus
- Excellent computer skills, including ADP Workforce Now software and Microsoft Office Excel. ADP workforce now software would be preferred
- Solid working knowledge of tax code, wage withholding orders and garnishments
- Strong bookkeeping skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Aptitude for numbers and exceptional commitment to accuracy
- Team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Attention to detail and confidentiality a must
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Must possess sound decision making skills and multi-task
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Please send resumes directly to email@example.com