Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Konecranes Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Springfield, OH, US
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: Springfield, Ohio (US-OH)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: PAYROLL SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: PAYROLL MANAGER
- Prepare, review and process weekly payroll in all provinces including Quebec;
- Provide administrative support for timekeeping systems. Verify timecard reports for compliance, accuracy and completeness. Ensure accurate data transfers to payroll system;
- Manage all payroll deductions including garnishments, RRSP, union dues. Prepare remittances where applicable;
- Enter authorized employee changes accurately and in a timely manner;
- Prepare manual pay checks as needed;
- Research and comprehend payroll related legislation, including tax law to ensure government and reporting compliance (EHT, CPP, EI, WSIB, taxable benefits);
- Liaise with Human Resources, employees, supervisors, government agencies, internal and external auditors;
- Prepare all payroll related month/year end accounting reconciliations and journal entries. Ensure all payroll transactions are coded to the correct GL accounts;
- Manage the year-end process and reporting, including but not limited to, the annual payroll reconciliation for all legal companies, preparation of year-end statements, reconciliation of T4's, along with the preparation all related Worker's Compensation annual assessment reports and reconciliations;
- Maintain employee files;
- Prepare and maintain vacation and sick pay balances and accruals;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the payroll process;
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION: An Associate degree in a related field is preferred; Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification or willingness to achieve certification is a must
EXPERIENCE: Must have 3+years of comprehensive Canadian multi-Province, union and non-union payroll processing experience; Proficiency with Ceridian InSync and/or ADP Workforce Now payroll software preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have well-developed data entry skills including speed, accuracy, and experience with Microsoft Office products. Must have professional communications, good interpersonal skills and multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities. Must be dependable, willing to work additional hours, as required and be team-oriented.
#monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .