La Maestra Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chief Accounting Officer
at La Maestra Community Health Centers
This is an executive level position classification in the Finance Department. The incumbent oversees, directs, and participates in major activities and programs of the Department which may include finance/accounting payroll, pension, accounts receivable and accounts payable. The incumbent will also be responsible for providing professional-level support to the CFO in a variety of areas. Successful performance of the work requires an extensive professional background as well as the ability to coordinate departmental work with other departments and public/private agencies. Responsibilities may include performing and directing many of the department's day-to-day administrative accounting functions, including exercising general supervision and management of the accounting staff's work products and job performance. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Specific areas of focus may include:
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Manage financial planning and analysis activities. Supervise the creation of reports and implementation of tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare and present monthly budget vs actual reports for departments, programs and grants.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain operational budgets for each department, program and grant.
- Directs the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, material and supplies; directs the monitoring of expenditures and implements adjustments.
- Reports directly to CFO and interfaces directly with senior management team members, board of directors, advisors and community partners.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company procedures
- Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws
- Evaluate current accounting practices and policies and drives continuous improvement
- Develop and implement various accounting procedures
- Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates assigned personnel; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies, responds to staff questions and concerns.
- Continuously monitors and evaluates work load, administrative and support systems and internal reporting relationships; identifies opportunities for improvement and reviews with the CFO, directs the implementation of improvements.
- Assists in planning, directing and coordinating the division's work plan; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems; assigns projects and programmatic areas of responsibility; reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures.
- Monitors changes in laws, regulations and technology that may affect divisional operations; recommends policy and procedural changes as required.
- Prepares, reviews and presents staff reports, various management and information updates and responds to special projects as assigned by the CFO.
- Remain abreast of evolving accounting theories, practices and principles.
- Fosters positive employee relations and employee morale.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Certification required: CPA preferred
Experience: Minimum 10 year experience in accounting functions or comparable work environments.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Familiarity with basic word processing. High level of proficiency with Excel spreadsheets and data based applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.