Lincoln Property Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lincoln Property Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Location
- US-VA-Virginia Beach
- Position Type (Portal Searching)
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Name
Lincoln Military Housing – A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join the LMH team, you will be working amongst a team of talented and passionate individuals while being provided with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with LMH, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT.
A Day in the Life of an Accounting Analyst:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Accounting Analyst, you will be responsible for data entry and tracking monthly and quarterly operations as well as required financial reporting for LMH. Your role requires attention to detail and excellent data analysis skills and working effectively with interrelated groups, including Accounting, Construction, Asset Management, and Property Management.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of process documentation for a variety of Accounting procedures.
- Prepare and submit monthly BAH reimbursement files including researching and submission of backup data for units not validated by the Government.
- Prepare monthly Financial Review files for all LMH Districts within two business days of Accounting month-end close.
- Prepare monthly Flash Report files for all LMH Navy and Marine Corps PPV’s within five business days of Accounting month-end close.
- Manage property damage insurance claims from reporting through claim closure.
- Acts as liaison between field offices and insurance carriers to facilitate the gathering of information that will allow proper response to insurance claim losses.
- Review and analyze claim loss and expense reserves established by insurance carriers.
- Prepare quarterly reporting for all PPV’s including quarterly Executive Home Reports.
- Gather data and provide as-needed analysis on a variety of items including but not limited to payables, receivables, utility usage, cost, and other ad hoc assignments.
What You Need For Success:
- Technological capabilities and experience with Microsoft Office (and specifically comprehension of advanced Microsoft Excel functions) is required.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and continually changing work environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to work an average of 50 to 55 hours weekly based on project demands.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Property Management, Yardi, and Accounting experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Applicant must be detail-oriented, ability to ensure accuracy of work.
- Applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to communicate with multiple team members, internal clients, and external clients.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 5 years of Financial Analysis or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to articulate clearly and have good listening and effective communication skills.
- Must be able to work and adapt to a fast-paced, continually changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks daily.
- May require the use of personal or company vehicle or electrical cart.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options, programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.