Lincoln Property Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lincoln Property Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Location
- US-VA-Virginia Beach
- Position Type (Portal Searching)
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Name
- GMO South
Lincoln Military Housing – A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join the LMH team, you will be working amongst a team of talented and passionate individuals while being provided with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with LMH, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT.
A Day in the Life of a Property Accountant:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Property Accountant you will be responsible for financial reporting, reconciliations (including cash account analysis), variance reporting and other projects as assigned. You will be assigned a portfolio of properties to manage the entire financial reporting process including working closely with the property management team, coordinating the month end close and other duties/projects as assigned.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements for assigned properties to include:
- Review of general ledger for appropriate accounting treatment of all entries (income, operating expenses and capital expenditures), propose reclassifications to the property management team and post as approved by month-end close deadline.
- Post all necessary accruals by month-end close deadline.
- Recording entries for each property as needed for non-operating items such as interest income, debt service (interest, principal and bond insurance).
- Review monthly financial statements and identify key variances for further review.
- Monthly cash account reconciliations (reconcile operating, depository and fund accounts to general ledger). Provide data as needed to Cash Management (i.e. stale checks) for resolution.
- Preparation of monthly draw requests from reserve accounts (construction, CRR, LTRA, PRA, QOLA and ORA).
- Prepare and reconcile monthly property management and asset management fee calculations.
- Monthly capex analysis and preparation of reconciliation schedules by funding source.
- Monthly preparation of fund account analysis and subsequent booking of fund activity.
- Monthly preparation of financial syncs, JDE to Yardi, and resolution of any discrepancies.
- Assist Districts with ad hoc projects and issues. Work at least one day per month at one of the District offices within.
- Prepare annual budget template for each District in assigned portfolio.
- Assist with annual budget process as required including preparation of supporting schedules, materials for budget analysis and budget presentation to Government member.
- Calculate and reconcile annual Asset Management Incentive Fees.
- Prepare schedules required for compliance with Indenture requirements per direction of Manager-National Reporting and Analysis.
- Upload of annual budget to Yardi and reconciliation thereof.
- Coordination of annual financial audit for assigned PPV project(s).
- Assist assigned sites with annual internal audits and follow up on findings.
- Various accounting/property management projects as requested; to include but not limited to financial meeting preparation, special projects, etc.
What You Need for Success:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting and minimum five years of experience in accounting.
- Property management experience preferred.
- Yardi experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency -MS Office – Word, Intermediate Excel (pivot tables, look ups helpful) and Gmail.
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment. Flexibility is important.
- Strong attention to detail is critical.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to travel within the US (20-25%) and valid driver license is required.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.