Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk / Receptionist (Accounts Technician II)
at MAAC Project
|Department:||Child Development Program|
|Location:||Administration - San Marcos, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Regular Full Time|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Answers telephones, takes messages, greets and refers visitors to appropriate resources; schedules appointments.
- Performs data entry/word processing duties.
- Establishes and maintains filing systems for correspondence, forms, reports, records, etc.
- Maintains records and statistical compilations
- Types letters, reports, forms.
- Prepares and assists with program reports.
- Maintains accounts payable ledger.
- Maintains accounts receivable ledger.
- Processes vendor invoices for payment.
- Compares receiving reports to vendor statements.
- Maintains subsidiary ledgers as required.
- Provides a balance sheet monthly and submits it to appropriate persons.
- Operates a variety of office equipment, such as duplicating machines, calculators, electric typewriters, computers.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year of proven related accounting experience/knowledge.
- Bilingual proficiency (Spanish/English) speaking, reading, writing required.
- Demonstrated proficiency (Typing 35 WPM, Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Data Entry, Create Reports, and familiarity with using data bases) required.
- A post high school degree or certificate in accounting or a related field is highly desirable.
- Laws, regulations, rules and policies and procedures applicable to areas of responsibility.
- Methods, practices, documents and terminology used in processing accounting transactions and in financial recordkeeping.
- Basic accounting and control policies and procedures.
- General accounting systems and associated systems.
- Practices and procedures for processing accounting information and interpreting data.
- Standard office practices and procedures.
- Records management; general office systems and procedures.
- Intermediate level word processing/data entry.
- Operate a computer, calculator and other standard office equipment.
- Organize, set priorities, take initiative and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Perform duties that require high attention to detail and application of rules and specific procedural requirements.
- Interpret, apply and reach sound decisions in accordance with rules, regulations and department procedures.
- Make calculations and tabulations and review fiscal and related documents accurately and rapidly.
- Type 35 WPM, format letters, reports, proofread and edit producing professional results.
- Prepare clear and accurate financial records and reports.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Maintain confidentiality of agency documents and records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency staff and others encountered in the course of work.
Union Membership ( if applicable):