Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Make-A-Wish Foundation
Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. This is our mission at Make-A-Wish America. The CFS Accountant is a key contributor to the mission by assisting Chapters that are using the Centralized Financial Services Option.
CLICK HERE to see how Make-A-Wish America team members describe the rewarding work we do!
The CFS Accountant will perform accounting functions for chapters who have elected to use Centralized Financial Services (CFS) to ensure financials are recorded accurately and timely.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support chapters using CFS in accounting functions to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Commit donation batches to Raiser’s Edge (donor processing system) and post in Financial Edge (financial system), the general ledger.
- Review of check requests for proper coding and approvals.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations for review.
- Records journal entries for monthly financial activity.
- Drafts chapters' financial reports for review, including but not limited to monthly reports, cash flow report, board report, etc.
- Prepare financial reporting as needed including but not limited to Monthly Management Report, Cash Flow Report, and Board Report, etc.
- Reviews, researches, and analyzes data. Responds to inquiries from chapter staff.
- Assist with gathering of information and documents for annual audit process.
- Assist with creating custom reports and queries in Financial Edge, and/or Excel, as requested.
- Performs other job related duties, as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of financial accounting including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statement preparation to ensure accurate, efficient, timely financial reporting and related processes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to network with other departments within the organization, as well as externally, regarding various issues related to the financial reporting process.
- Knowledge of internal and management control systems.
- Familiarity with audit planning processes and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and information systems applications, preferably in a non profit environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with a high level of trust and confidentiality and possess strong business ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Minimal experience in accounting and/or financial reporting is acceptable with a related educational degree. Experience in excess of one year is helpful.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required, including demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge is helpful.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit organizations strongly preferred.
- Work in an office environment.
- May require work outside a traditional Monday – Friday work week, and outside normal business hours.
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness
- *100% employer paid for employee*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- *100% employer paid for employee*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Paid Holidays, 2 Personal Days
- Maternity Leave
- Educational Tuition Assistance
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
Join Our Team of Inspired People Transforming Lives
We are more than a great place to work - our work is life changing. We are an inclusive and diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds, thoughts, and experiences are united in purposeful work. We are fueled and guided by our values - values that are represented in the inspired people we work with and the transformational work we do every day.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.