Maricopa Integrated Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Accounts Receivable
at Maricopa Integrated Health System
Maricopa Medical Center
Patient Financial Services
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $30.36 - $48.58
Under the general direction of the Director of Patient Financial Services, the Manager Accounts Receivable is responsible for maintaining an efficient operational workflow for day to day operations in the areas of Behavioral Health billing and accounts receivable management for services rendered throughout the organization. Management responsibility includes activities related to implementing and monitoring productivity standards, monitoring work queue volumes, problem resolution, denials, appeals, reporting on payer performance and adherence to policies and procedures. This position will work directly with various outsourcing agencies for collection and denial management recovery services to optimize cash collections. The Manager Accounts Receivable implements, processes, and monitors productivity to ensure timely follow up of outstanding accounts receivable balances. Works with multiple agencies to optimize cash collections and improve recovery efforts. Identifies and monitors payer issues and works with the payers directly to resolve payment issues. These functions have operational responsibility for the entire enterprise including Family Health Centers (FHCs), Comprehensive Health Center (CHC), Maricopa Medical Center (MMC), Maryvale, West Valley and Desert Vista.
- Requires a bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible healthcare collection, denials and recovery services experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires prior supervisor/management experience, preferably within Patient Financial Services.
- Prefer prior experience with Behavioral Health billing and collections.
- Epic and HFMA Certification is preferred.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and key stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Requires a working knowledge of the principles, fundamentals and systems specific to the department impacting the revenue cycle workflow as well as the principles and fundamentals related to budgeting, accounting, record keeping and business writing.
- Requires knowledge of all aspects of payer reimbursement including Medicare, AHCCCS, commercial, managed care, worker’s compensation, and self-pay.
- Must be familiar with health care billing, health care collection, general knowledge of medical records and coding compliance, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and legal compliance.
- Requires up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Federal compliance and OIG initiatives that impact the healthcare industry.
- Must have a working knowledge of healthcare accounts receivable management concepts, including in-depth knowledge of the state reimbursement and regulatory environment so as to ensure compliance with state regulations regarding patient and insurance billing issues.
- Requires knowledge of general administrative procedures such as payroll, vendor management and purchasing.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year