The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analyst - Innovation Lab
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Innovation, the Innovation Lab Business Analyst is tasked with evaluating how the Mental Health Center of Denver can integrate digital health technology into clinical practice.
The Innovation Lab is a new team inside Mental Health Center of Denver’s Information Systems department. The Innovation Lab vets, implements, and evaluates the effectiveness of digital health partners to transform behavioral health care by addressing issues of access, engagement, and treatment efficacy. Its goal is to create extraordinary experiences that improve well-being for ALL lives in Denver. The Innovation Lab will leverage technology to expand services and improve current practices. The Innovation Lab uses human centered design and agile project management to ensure that innovations deliver value and meet the needs of stakeholders: Mental Health Center of Denver staff, the people we serve, and the greater Denver community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Use human centered design (HCD) principles to find solutions people want.
- Analyze prospective digital health partners who can help Mental Health Center of Denver realize its vision.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Participate in or lead complex problem-solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, design and test solutions, and implement solutions leading to desired outcomes.
- Anticipate and identify issues and provides recommendations to address roadblocks and areas of opportunity.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (functional requirements, use cases, GUI, screen and interface designs).
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Develop requirement specifications according to standard templates, using natural language. This involves documentation in the form of user stories, complete with detailed specifications and clear criteria for completeness.
- Create visual “mockups” to support design process and make configuration changes in software systems as needed.
- Serve as the liaison between the clinical and administrative business units and the Innovation Lab.
- Participate in any “learning collaborative” activities that the Mental Health Center of Denver’s Innovation Lab enters into.
- Foster teamwork and adherence to Agile and HCD methodologies.
- Work as a Scrum team member, collaboratively working to get Innovation Lab tasks complete, even those outside the traditional focus of a Business Analyst.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Innovation or the Chief Information Officer.