Minnesota Gastroenterology, P.A.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll & HRIS System Administrator
at Minnesota Gastroenterology, P.A.
Job Purpose: The Payroll and HRIS System Administrator completes bi-weekly payroll including maintenance of records, filing taxes, approving benefits and deductions and processing bonuses. This position also supports Ultipro upgrades, testing, and new product implementation. Serves as a technical point of contact for the organization while ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement.
* Process bi-weekly payroll according to established processes including appropriate tax filings and transmissions to outside entities such as benefit providers, banks and government agencies.
* Update system as needed for open enrollment and benefit changes.
* Manage the Variable pay program from the HR side.
* Participate in measurements that tie human resources programs to business objectives and board strategic priorities.
* Report on effectiveness of staffing and retention activities as requested in order for managers or project leaders to make changes to programs based on objective data.
* Foster and maintain positive relationships with HRIS constituents including senior management, the HRIS customer base, and the HRIS vendor.
* Solicit feedback and identify overall needs of HRIS end users.
* Develop reports to meet management requests and needs for human resources related information to various levels.
* Prepare and distribute timely and appropriate HRIS communications.
* Serves as lead resource for input and maintenance of the HRIS site.
* Seek out new opportunities to promote HRIS functionality.
* Establish and maintain up-to-date HRIS functional departmental documentation, standard operating procedures, comprehensive HRIS reports library and end user training manuals and materials.
* Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
* Act as a liaison between the HR functional group and IT group.
* Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades or patches.
* Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix.
* Provide process improvement recommendations to help improve internal customer service, legal compliance or efficiency.
* Remain current on laws/regulations and best practices impacting employment practices.
* Serves on cross-company task forces or multi-disciplinary task forces as assigned. Keep current on technology as it relates to position.
* Maintain high quality relationships and rapport with all staff.
* Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Skill / Requirements
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management or related field preferred. Equivalent years of experience considered in place of degree.
Knowledge of HRIS system utilization and data knowledge is highly preferred. Previous payroll experience and two or more years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources strongly preferred.
Certifications/Licenses: PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working knowledge of:
* A variety of computer software applications with an emphasis on Excel report writing
* Knowledge of HRIS systems, Ultimate software preferred.
* Customer Service
* Regulatory requirements surrounding payroll processing.
* Problem Solve, prioritize and meet deadlines
* Multitask and be detail oriented
* Use Active Listening Skills
* Work independently as well as in a team environment
* Work in a fast-paced, change-driven environment
* Maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
* Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* Interface with all levels of the organization
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must be able to sit for long periods of time. The employee is required to use dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 lbs.
This employee may be required to travel to all MNGI locations in the Twin Cities Metro area.
Working Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions. The employee works in an office environment and is exposed to a computer monitor daily.