Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Modern Industries
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directs and manages the Accounting Department’s daily operations related to the general ledger, receivables, payables and payroll.
- Manages the company’s treasury function, receivables and bank borrowing base reports.
- Mentors, coaches and develops accounting management and staff accountants through effective delegation of accounting duties and special projects.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all departments of the company including creating and maintaining service level standards for delivery of accounting related services throughout the company.
- Develops and maintains all necessary accounting policies and system to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Establishes, implements and communicates accounting policies and procedures to company.
- Serves as primary liaison with external auditors.
- Prepares and presents analysis of consolidated monthly reports; makes recommendations for improving Company’s financial position
- Develops, implements and monitors effectiveness of internal controls and associated documentation and processes. Work directly with sales and operations person to identify and implement revenue enhancing and cost reduction projects.
- Works with vendors and customers to improve payment plans that benefit working capital.
Direct responsibility for General and Cost Accountant.
- 5-10 years as a controller in a manufacturing business.
- Direct responsibility for cost accounting.
- Direct responsibility for treasury functions.
- Detailed knowledge of ERP, implementation experience preferred.
- Direct operations experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of job shop environment is preferred.
- CPA, and job costing or auditing experience is preferred.
On a personal level, the candidate we seek will be a focused, driven professional with strong ethics and integrity. Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential in order to effectively articulate key success drivers and their potential risks. The selected candidate will be a high energy individual who works well with all kinds of personalities. A positive attitude and a team mindset are essential.