Morrill & Janes Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Banking Business Analyst
at Morrill & Janes Bank
Bank of Blue Valley is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Commercial Banking Business Analyst is responsible for supporting the Heartland Commercial Banking team with executing the strategic initiatives for the Commercial Banking line of business, including the support of the member bank commercial teams as well as Retirement Plan Services, Treasury Management and Commercial Card Services.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Analyzes and assists with the standardization of commercial banking processes across the footprint
2. Supports the Heartland Commercial Banking team on execution of day to day initiatives for identified lines of business
3. Gathers financial and performance reporting for relevant business lines and executive level reporting
4. Supports the reporting/analytics, marketing and sales enablement, project management, and operational administrative services
5. Assists with providing and maintaining tools to assist leaders in translating the Commercial Banking vision into business objectives, strategies and financial expectations
6. Assists with M&A due diligence and any subsequent acquisition integration as it relates to Commercial Banking
7. Assists to identify and maintain a prioritized listing of high impact, cross-functional projects, and assists with the execution of those projects. Projects will focus on areas for process improvement, sales enablement and data flow improvements.
8. Serves as project lead on assigned projects.
9. Assists with the implementation of policies and procedures to achieve Commercial Banking tactical and strategic business goals.
10. Identifies business challenges and opportunities for improvement.
11. Works closely with colleagues across Heartland including: Technology, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Product and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, and profitability.
12. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
SECONDARY & NONESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 3-5 years of commercial banking, treasury management and/or commercial card experience preferred
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related field.
3. Excellent sales and thorough knowledge of operational processes
4. Good negotiating skills to work with customers, banks and service providers to identify/create service options that work and add value to the customer
5. Strong expertise in secondary credit risk management and audit controls
6. Current understanding of regulatory compliance issues relating to banking
7. General understanding of commercial credit policy. Strong working knowledge within the banking industry, treasury operations, accounting and corresponding banking
8. Strong executive communication skills both oral and written, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and database software.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Bank of Blue Valley offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring you the personal attention you deserve, backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
Bank of Blue Valley's team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will