Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AP Accountant - MORSCO Support Center
-Responsibilities will be primarily in AP and will also support other areas of the accounting department. Responsibilities include proper GL account coding, approvals, invoice data entry, and processing bi-weekly check runs in two ERP systems. This position will also assist AP management with other various duties as assigned. This position is based in Addison, TX.
- Processes daily AP invoices and assist with weekly check runs. (Including 3-way match of vendor invoices to purchase orders to receipts and vouchering invoices in ERP system.)
- Works closely with accounting team and department managers to ensure accurate general ledger account coding and approvals are in place according to company policies.
- Reconciles vendor statement and resolves discrepancies with vendors and internal department on a timely basis.
- Resolves vendor or employee inquiries regarding invoice status and payment matters; performs necessary research and resolution of disputed items.
- Resolve aged outstanding checks. Review and reduce debit vendor balances.
- Reconciles/imports credit card statements into ERP system and collects required documentation and receipts for credit card expenses.
- Assist in various AP reporting schedules.
- Maintains accurate AP records and files.
- Responsible for accurate and timely execution of monthly AP close.
- Assists with year-end audit and various governmental agency audits.
- Supports AP Manager in special projects as needed.
- Assist with other tasks and duties as they may arise.
- Must be assertive, proactive, possess strong attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent computer skills. Strong experience in Excel, Word and Outlook preferred (Vlookup, Pivot Tables required).
- Previous Workday Financials and/or Eclipse ERP system experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must be able to manage priorities and workflow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- ability to manage multiple tasks and provide strong internal customer/vendor service.
- Strong team player
- Desire to learn and grow in your career
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance. Minimum 1 year of relevant experience, experience in accounting is preferred.
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer