Moss Adams LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Staff - 2019 (Santa Rosa)
at Moss Adams LLP
Moss Adams brings more West to business. More than a location, it's a way of doing business—an ethos in which innovation thrives and optimism abounds. At Moss Adams, we're excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper.
With more than 2,900 professionals across 20-plus locations in the West and beyond, we provide the world's most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
Here, you'll be challenged and rewarded for leadership, technical excellence, and inspired perspectives. That's why we offer opportunities to build your skills and explore your career in a supportive environment, including five weeks paid vacation to start, a flexible work schedule, continued education reimbursement, and an employer 401(k) match—plus a whole lot more.
At Moss Adams, where you take your career is up to you.
Moss Adams is currently seeking Tax Staff. The projected start date for most of these positions is one year from the date of offer.
Tax Staff are primarily responsible for preparing tax returns, including supporting work papers for various types of returns such as individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts, non-profits, etc. Tax Staff also research and consult on various tax projects; respond to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities, prepare extensions and quarterly estimates, and carry out other projects as assigned.
Moss Adams is committed to providing staff with at least 40 hours of continuing education per year. This is delivered through a variety of mediums including the classroom, computer-based courses, and web-based sessions. We also provide local office training on technical topics to keep you current and informed on important firm issues and industry standards. In addition, we provide soft skills training on marketing and sales, time management and leadership giving you the skills you need to be successful in a professional services firm.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
Please note: You must attach your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts to your online application. Current students attending schools where Moss Adams actively recruits, must complete the application through both your campus career center, and our careers website. Failure to do so may prevent your application from being considered.
- Bachelor's degree required, Accounting preferred
- Master of Tax or JD/LLM preferred
- If an accounting major, must meet educational requirements to obtain CPA license upon hire
- Technology-related coursework highly desirable
- Excellent customer service skills
- Creative problem solving, critical thinking and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Highly motivated and takes initiative for professional growth and development
- Outstanding organization and project management skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment, including the use of software, systems and technology
- Ability to take direction, and exercise sound judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to travel to client locations, which may include occasional overnight stays (travel expectations vary by department and office location; talk to your local recruiter regarding specifics)
- Ability to work overtime, as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis upon hire. Moss Adams will not consider candidates for this position who require sponsorship for employment visa status now upon full-time hire (e.g., H-1B status).
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.