Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performance culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
MUFG currently has a great career opportunity for a recent graduate passionate about Accounting Operations. Move your career forward in Arizona and apply today!
We are embarking on an exciting journey of transformation, coinciding with exponential growth and a ramp-up in our colleague population in the greater Phoenix area. Join us as we bring together a diverse team of professionals across a wide range of specialties. The atmosphere is entrepreneurial, the work is impactful, and the long-term potential is extraordinary.
You will join Accounting Operations to provide assurance, control, and maintenance over the general ledger, which serves as the backbone of financial and managerial reporting. As a member of this team, you will serve as a key partner during new system implementations and new product releases.
- Support various financial reports across multiple legal entities
- Partner with various business units to ensure the ongoing validation and proper setup of accounts.
- Provide analytical support and governance over the reconciliation process between the sub-ledger and general ledger
- Follow-up on open inquiries, GL research, and aging of various accounting items
- Perform variance analysis over significant changes in account balances and provide commentary on daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis to support Financial Controllers
- Perform maintenance on the Chart of Accounts inclusive of account setup, ownership certification, and periodic reviews
- Actively contribute to developing, implementing, and managing projects throughout the project life cycle including requirements definition, design, development, user acceptance testing, and deployment phases
- Provide post-production support for Certification (AssureNet).
- Prepare and maintain current, accurate, and detailed operational procedures and system workflows.
- Support Regulatory examinations and data requests.
- You are able to demonstrate your understanding of basic accounting and critical thinking skills
- Excellent social, verbal and written communication skills so you can effectively articulate your thoughts when working alongside multiple business partners
- You are open to tackling new responsibilities while handling and prioritizing multiple requests
- Proficiency with Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VBA, and SQL queries.
- Exposure to accounting software will be an advantageous asset (PeachTree, Quickbooks, Oracle, PSGL, SAS, etc.)
- Previous experience in accounting, banking, and/or securities related internships that touch on financial reporting/preparation, auditing, policy, and/or bookkeeping in either public or private accounting are a plus.
- You have leadership experience working on a team: projects, extra-curricular activities, sports, etc.
- Strong focus on customer service and maintaining high standards of integrity
- You are a self-starter who is curious, independently pursues knowledge, and is willing and able to learn quickly
- Solid listening and note taking abilities
- You have a working knowledge of bank operations, products, services, and regulations, with a real passion for pursuing a long term career in Financial Services
- Recent college graduate (Spring/Winter of 2018 or Spring of 2019)
- Bachelors Degree, GPA 3.3+ Preferred
- Major in Accounting and strong grades in related coursework
- Additional major/minor in Management Information System (or related Data Management/Computer Science) a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and matrix management skills.
- You'll have strong reasoning, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and proven to be a great teammate
- Enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.