Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analyst, Vice President
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Business Analyst, Vice President
As the ICF Metrics and Reporting Lead, you will provide thought leadership on how to apply business intelligence and advanced data visualization with the data collected for MUFG's business. In addition to collaborating within leaders in the Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO), this role will work closely with our Technology team, and other key business leaders throughout the organization to craft a federated operational metrics reporting function, facilitating the development of modern BI and data visualization solutions with consistent data definitions governed by OCDO.
- Develop and maintain consultative relationships with key business partners, dedicatedly identifying and addressing BI needs to meet business needs, along with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Lead data preparation work (e.g., source, scrub, mine and integrate meaningful data sources)
- Lead proof of concept projects to test and embrace emerging BI and/or advanced data visualization tools
- Own the delivery of BI reporting and dashboards from start to finish
- Define, design, implement and maintain key performance indicators (critical metrics) to support operational efficiency
- Convert ideas and business needs into meaningful report/dashboard designs and data requirements
- Streamline and automate existing reporting.
- Develop a process that facilitates the ability for business leaders to propose and debate new metrics or metric modifications per business needs
- Develop a standard process on defining data requirements, leading governance, building BI reports and dashboards.
- Identify new approaches to complex design problems related to BI and other technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). Masters' degree in STEM preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in IT with at least 5 years crafting, developing, implementing and maintaining large-scale programs
- Minimum 10+ years leading multi-discipline technical teams; experienced in leading large global teams of both full time and contract employees
- Influential and tried leadership to partner, encourage, and build consensus
- Planner who understands business drivers toward emerging technology solutions
- Experience leading large scale organizational change and successfully leading through business transformation in ambiguous environments
- Experience with enterprise dashboard and reporting platforms (e.g., Tableau, QlikView, Oracle Business Intelligence, or Business Objects, etc) with very large data sets
- Experience in metadata process, data lineage and traceability repositories and technologies
- Experience in wide range of Analytics, Data Science, and technologies
- Experience in complex business and technology environments and new technologies
- Experience with IT infrastructure, IT application technologies and frameworks
- Demonstrable ability to execute high-profile projects and to provide thought leadership to an organization
- Working knowledge with data warehouse/mart design and data control implementation techniques
- Consistent track record working with technical, customer, and functional teams
- Shown success in working globally in a global matrix organization across teams and cultures
- Good communication and persuasion skills, including the ability to build messaging materials that meet partner preferences, including ability to communicate concepts verbally
- Ability to work in a dynamic, global environment with multiple priorities that require expert project management and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to establish mutually productive and positive relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to influence non-technical aspects of technology change (e.g. business and operational architectures)
- Ability to break down complex requirements into relevant, structured and actionable parts
- Ability to analyze complex organizational and technical issues related to technology and finds opportunities to improve performance and efficiency
- Exposure to Hadoop or other data and cloud computing technology is a plus
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.