Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analyst - VP
at MUFG Americas
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10025961-WD
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Management - Executive/Senior (C-Level, VP), Management - Entry Level, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the Director of FAM Project Shared Services group, the Finance Project Business Analyst works with stakeholders from the business units and related third parties in support of efforts and projects focused and aligned with Finance Management of the Americas (FMA) goals and objectives to drive operational efficiencies and scalability, reduce risk, support product implementations, develop and enhance business process management including but not limited to system and technology capabilities, vendor services and tools, data migration and integrity, and project lifecycle support of systems implementations, data solutions, and process redesign and implementation.
Depending on the project assignment, responsibilities may include some or all, but are not limited to:
- Work with business partners to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs. This may include helping to define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects.
- Clearly articulate and document business requirements in detail following prescribed project methodology.
- Assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands.
- Manage ongoing relationship with business partners to drive satisfaction with ISA.
- Coordinate project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions.
- Obtains key inputs from enterprise architecture teams and identifies solution interdependencies.
- Engages with Subject Matter Experts to incorporate usability and user interface needs when designing or purchasing systems.
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Participates in and support contract negotiation, manage relationships, and monitors vendor performance against SLAs.
- Develop test plans and scripts, traceability matrices.
- Bachelor's degree in any Finance field required.
- Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Professional certifications a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Bank corporate treasury and liquidity functions is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Advanced negotiation and communication skills.
- Multi-tasking ability and flexibility.
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment and applying prudent risk mitigation principles.
- Ability to understand the long-term big picture and short-term perspectives of situations.
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally.
- A respected business partner who adds value to the broader team.
- A reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, big picture orientation and business acumen.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated capability in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach to develop insightful, value-added, actionable analytics.
- Experience with OFSAA LRM, Profitability, 2052a reporting PeopleSoft GL, Hyperion is preferred.
- Strong use case, business process mapping and other tools.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!