Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Communications Officer, Associate - Global Financial Crimes
at MUFG Americas
The Communications Officer position will directly support the Vice President for Financial Crimes Strategy and Communications, under the leadership of the Head of Strategy and Oversight of the Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD). Specifically, this position will be responsible for the development and delivery of clear, impactful, and engaging strategic communications content and materials in support of the GFCD mission and strategic objectives. This position is located in Tempe, Arizona.
- Develop integrated communications and coordinate across division for execution of core communications for a variety of audiences, including employees, senior management, and MUFG executives.
- Create communications that support corporate and GFCD's strategy and priorities including, but not limited to, town halls, site visits, leader and manager communications, employee messages, emails, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters and announcements, videos, intranet content, and all other internal-facing communications.
- Create executive messages, talking points, develop materials for slide presentations, etc., in the proper voice and tone reflecting GFCD's style.
- Establish and maintain a repository of draft and final versions of communications and strategy documents and materials delivered.
- Administer, manage, and coordinate all aspects of GFCD global intranet website as project manager and principal owner.
- Engage stakeholders and Corporate Communications colleagues of key communications to:
- Create a communications calendar of activities and related products.
- Clarify communications objectives.
- Review, refine, and finalize communications content, as needed.
- Ensure the successful coordination with relevant stakeholders and delivery of final communications in a timely manner.
- Ensure that messaging and communications strategy are infused in all GFCD efforts (programming, development, support).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with demonstrated success developing executive-level messages, providing communications counsel to senior management teams, and executing strong communications plans.
- Consultative approach with the ability to interact, influence and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Versatility in executing various writing styles, voices, and tones to convey the executives' individual style and personality.
- Strong ability to calmly manage and execute multiple, complex projects under tight deadlines and in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Must display a high level of professional judgement, commitment, integrity, and teamwork.
- Demonstrate strong critical and strategic thinking/analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SharePoint, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to develop new and original content and communications with minimal guidance.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while working well with people in a global environment.
- High degree of professionalism and flexibility in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing Communications, Journalism, English, or closely-related field, at an accredited college or university.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- 3-5 years of experience in a marketing or communications role or related field, with an emphasis on communications skills (oral and written) and project management.
- Possess skills in all Microsoft software applications, especially MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Track record of success in developing and executing of corporate communications on complex financial concepts for various audiences.
- Experience leading global business or working in a global environment.
- Strong understanding and use of design principles for web-based, print, and video communications platforms.
- Previous experience with internal communications platforms and information architecture, especially managing and implementing intranets or collaboration software.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.