Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Audit Director
at MUFG Americas
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10024065-WD-SECONDARY-45
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, IT - Computer Services & Support, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), IT - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Director, Senior Audit Manager position is a management role within the Internal Audit for the Americas function. The position reports to a member of Internal Audit for the Americas (IAA) Senior Leadership Team (SLT), and is responsible for all aspects of development and delivery of the audits and projects for assigned areas of the firm, including internal and external stakeholder management, staff management, execution of the audit plan, and accountability for the quality and judgment calls in resulting audit work.
This position directly manages 4-7 direct reports, with an overall team size (inclusive of management) over 50 professional staff. Budget management responsibilities may be assigned from time to time. Travel is required for the position, with an estimated range of 10% - 15% varying on the location of the incumbent and key staff and stakeholder geographies.
- Structure and execute an efficient and effective program of audit work to:
- Identify potential technology risk, including awareness of risks both within span of control as well as enterprise-wide
- Perform and provide oversight to risk assessment of a portfolio of auditable entities
- Assess the state of the governance, risk management, and control environment aspects relevant to that risk
- Report results in an effective and timely basis, leading to appropriate remedial action and ongoing management of risk
- Develop and manage a team of managers and auditors, who will be directly accountable for engagement management and execution
- Effectively manage ISA (Information Services for the Americas) senior executive relationships to a mutually accountable, productive, respectful, and trusted level
- Act as a leader and role model; engage as a team player in the Senior Leadership Team; develop staff across the department; and continuously improve self and department
- Provide guidance to and maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
- Manage the audit plan and available resources to deliver audits in time and budget
- Monitor of risk profiles, regulatory requirements and industry developments, updating the audit plan and resource allocation as required.
- 15 + years of internal or external audit or risk management experience, including significant management and leadership responsibility
- Proven ability to lead audit teams and execution of an audit plan
- Extensive experience with the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends
- Extensive knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and execution Demonstrated proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (Microsoft Office, audit data analytics, etc.)
- General IT knowledge including practical experience in IT Infrastructure operation across several IT Infrastructure areas:
- Distributed server environment
- Windows server operations and security including knowledge of Active Directory
- UNIX operations and security
- Cloud computing technology, AWS Cloud a plus,
- Data center operations
- Network technology (topology, network architecture, network security including IDS/IPS, proxy service, firewall and remote access)
- Database operations (Oracle, DB2, and MS SQL)
- Network storage (SAN and NAS), and
- Virtualization technology, and
- End user services including mobile technologies (DLP, BYOD security)
- Strong understanding of IT Infrastructure risks with understanding of large scale operations, managed and outsourced services, interdependencies and complexity of a global financial institution.
- Good understanding of relevant control processes across data access controls, physical security, vendor risk management, asset & configuration management, security architecture, contingency planning, and system security.
- Familiar with the frameworks and standards, FFIEC IT Handbook Booklets standards, NIST 800 series, CoBit 5, ITIL, and ISO 27000,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- As required by the assigned areas of responsibility
- Related certifications CISA, CISSP, CRISC, and CISM are a plus
OTHER: Compliant with MUFG Union Bank Code of Conduct, exhibits strong ethical behavior, and adheres to other similar professional requirements
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas is highly desirable:
- IP networks infrastructure (network topology, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection / prevention)
- Windows active directory (policies, structure, elements)
- Databases (SQL, Oracle, DB2, monitoring tools)
- Mobile technologies (data leakage prevention, BYOD security)
- Cloud Computing
- Standards / Frameworks (CoBIT 5, ITILv3, ISO 15504, ISO 20000, ISO 27000, ISO 31000, ISO 38500, NIST SP 800 series guidance)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
To learn more about MUFG, review all current career opportunities, and apply please visit us online: www.mufg-americas.com/careers
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!