Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MUFG Americas
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10025945-WD-SECONDARY-45
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
You will be an integral member of the accounting team responsible for the Commercial Loans, Deposits, and Trade Finance products at the US Branches of MUFG Bank, Reporting to the MUFG Bank Core Banking Business Unit Controller. Your responsibilities will include supporting the close process, responding to financial reporting requests, and working with various business partners to answer to questions and participate in the development of new products. You will also keep a focus on risk management to ensure all processes are executed within the established control framework.
- Participate in the monthly and quarterly close process, including general ledger postings and variance explanations
- Financial reporting for US Regulatory filings, as well as US GAAP and J GAAP packages submitted to Head Office
- Collaborate with the lines of business to ensure the appropriate recognition of revenue transactions and respond to questions regarding the accounting treatment of specific transactions
- Maintain all work products in line with the internal controls framework and documentation standards
- Seek improvement in execution to drive efficiencies
- Participate in projects to support new product launches or changes in accounting requirements
- 0-3 years of work experience
- Bachelor's Degree with an Accounting major; CPA candidates preferred
- Can-do attitude and strong work ethic, capable balancing multiple deliverables
- Open to learning and pursuing new responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required; Access preferred but not requiredThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!