Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trade Receivables and Payables Finance, Analyst
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
- Workflow Management: Monitor the daily operations of the Supply Chain Finance Section and workflow supervision. Assign work to affected staff members, setting priorities, time limits and critical task objective. Ensure output satisfies corresponding process requirements and priorities. Reconcile and account for all incoming items/work and processed output' in accordance with established procedures and controls. Review and oversee pending transactions, documents, discrepancies, overdue and/or delinquent transactions, section's output reports, records and files. Responsible for accurate liability and fee collection. Ensure all standard operational and compliance procedures are updated and enforced. Provide timely support to new business initiatives of all SCF transactions. Coordinate and ensure all Supply Chain Financing transactions are processed, released and reconciled promptly against front office instructions and Prime Revenue System files/interface records.
- Verification: Review transaction processing and pending Queues in Trade 360 System, Loan App, OVS, AFS and SCF HUB (or any other banking systems as applicable)and ensuring that all transactions are processed and released as requested. Any pending or unreleased transactions should be reviewed and escalated as appropriate
- Quality Control and Customer Service: Provide technical support and guidance to staff members, Account Officers, Middle Office, all US branches and Customers on SCFs. Extensive customer contact relating to review SCF transaction terms and conditions and offer opinions and comments consistent with the internal/operating/Compliance procedures. Respond to inquiries received from customers, front/middle offices, internal auditors and correspondent banks, providing the accurate and timely information in resolution of such queries. Identify discrepancies and/or inefficiencies in customer support efforts and ensure that they are corrected, documented and implemented Assist the Manager (or the Management) in identifying risk areas and implement/monitor practices to reduce and/or prevent risk opportunities. Update procedures as and when changes to workflow process, system enhancements and internal controls are effected.
- Compliance: Enforce bank's compliance policies and procedures. Ensure implementation of all compliance regulations including OFAC/BSA/AML/JFEL//Anti-boycott regulations in the Section's operations. Ensure the Staff receives proper training. in all regulatory and bank compliance issues. Enforce applicable internal and H.O operational procedures.
- Knowledge and skills with use of Microsoft Office Suite, such as Excel and Access;
- Detail oriented and organized;
- Ability to support and provide team work with focus on quality and prompt customer service, and take additional assignments, as needed.
- Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues.as well as perform secondary review for errors and quality.
- Ability to multi-task as the workflow may shift during the work day;
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Strong inter-personal skills, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in an automated system environment are required.
- Prior experience in banking operations, such as Loan or trade finance, a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.