Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trade Receivables and Payables Finance, Senior Specialist
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
- Perform data-entries/payment for Supply Chain Finance transactions
- Perform secondary review of data entry for any errors or quality concerns
- Co-ordinate with Front and Middle Office
- Monitor all outstanding items, and report to FO if payment is not received on due date.
- Send Past Due Reports to FO/Management on a weekly basis.
Proof and Reconciliation:
- Reconcile all payments to supplier versus the Payment Files and Booking Report.
- Inform Front Office for any discrepancies on the Bank form vs Payment files
- All queues must be checked at end of day to ensure all items has been processed and released.
- Monitor group Instruction Mailbox regularly
- Review and act upon all the Reports provided by Internal Control Unit, including maturity reports, error batch, outstanding FX report, etc.
- All files/packet must be accurately filed with proper labels
- Save Important documents in the Shared Folder
- Respond to internal and or external inquires, providing customer with the required information to resolve the queries in a timely manner and accurately with correct details.
- Expected to train and guide junior colleagues
- Handle special assignments and/or projects, as requested by the management.
- Knowledge and skills with use of Microsoft Office Suite, such as Excel and Access;
- Detail oriented and organized;
- Ability to support and provide team work with focus on quality and prompt customer service, and take additional assignments, as needed.
- Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues.as well as perform secondary review for errors and quality.
- Ability to multi-task as the workflow may shift during the work day;
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Strong inter-personal skills, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in an automated system environment are required.
- Prior experience in banking operations, such as Loan or trade finance, a plus
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.