National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Professional Education Financial Specialist
at National Jewish Health
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Professional Education 51010
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 12564
Works independently under the direction of the Director of Professional Education and in collaboration with the grants and program teams. Responsible for managing financial processes and tracking to ensure reporting is accurate for planning and decision making within the department. Coordinates the medical education grant submission process and develops budgets in coordination with the grants and program teams. Monitors and reconciles budgets for funder reporting to include assisting with outcomes reporting and ensures deadlines are met. Develops process for monitoring funder websites.
- Manages department project budget tracking, invoicing, check requests, accounts payable and collection to ensure all revenue is received.
- Research and analyze financial data and providing for use in planning and decision making.
- Responsible for program budget preparation and forecasting of margins in collaboration with the grants team.
- Develop budget tracking and other processes to support the projects team’s management of program budgets and reconciliation.
- Responsible for coordinating the full execution of and tracking legal documents such as Letters of Agreement and Joint Provider/partner agreements in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the grant submission process nito funder portals.
- Coordinate with the program and grants teams in development of outcomes presentations for grant supporters as needed.
- Determine correct account codes, speed types, project codes for specific projects.
- Maintain comprehensive calendar that includes all grant start and end dates, submission deadlines and funder report deadlines.
- Review revenues, expenses and net income on a monthly basis.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems; recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking “smart” risks and learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s degree required, bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field preferred.
A minimum of 5 years recent and related experience required, medical education grants experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure