New Haven Youth & Family Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director - Finance
at New Haven Youth & Family Services
1. Conducts analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends.
2. Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data.
3. Prepares monthly financial statements for internal and external use.
4. Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's fiscal function and performance, participating in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
5. Becomes an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter. Participates in contract bid requests and reviews for agency insurance and related contracts.
6. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
7. Guides the financial decisions by establishing, enhancing and/or developing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the New Haven.
8. Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others, both within the accounting department and to department managers outside of the financial discipline, providing support and continual improvement of the budgeting process through education on financial issues impacting their budgets.
9. Manages the accurate and timely processing of cash receipts and disbursement and oversees payroll responsibilities for the agency.
10. Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance cash position and manage risk.
11. Completes and coordinates year-end financial audits relative to all agency contracts.
12. Responsible for the supervision and management of the accounting department staff.
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Accounting and Finance or equivalent; and ten to fifteen years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an active California CPA Certificate. An experienced leader well versed in systems and financial appropriate industry experience with experience in contracts, with ability to transition skills to non-profit and/or healthcare or social services field. Requires high ethical standards, appropriate professional image, good judgment and strong operational focus.