Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Financial Analyst
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Principal Financial Analyst, is responsible for various financial functions such as cost estimating, proposal reviews, BOE evaluations and financial analysis in a professional team environment. This position reviews complex financial data received from staff for: inclusion in proposal development, review with estimating team members, proposal team members, and Sr. management, and for submission to external customers.
• Lead Cost volume development for large business development and similar proposals
• Coordinate proposal team efforts to proposal schedule, track due dates, review weekly
• Read and understand RFI/RFP to develop basis for leading cost volume development under leadership of proposal manager
• Lead proposal team members from various disciplines throughout proposal process to ensure cost volume content and format match other proposal volumes and meets RFI/RFP requirements
• Perform estimating, financial analysis and proposal analysis
• Supporting the development of cost estimates and BOEs for the proposal and advising functional Engineering estimators about cost issues and information to support their estimating and BOE efforts
• Evaluating all cost estimates, BOEs and pricing to ensure adequacy, completeness (to RAM matrix) and compliance to regulations (Disclosure Statement, CAS, FAR, TINA)
• Synthesize and analyze large quantities of data to create useful information and concise analysis
• Maintain documentation supporting financial estimates used in the proposal process
• Ensure management understanding of estimating and bidding issues
• Ensure compliance with internal procedures and DFAR/FAR government regulations
• Balance multiple projects and prioritize
• Meet deadlines
Education /Experience: Minimum 6 years related experience with Bachelors degree in Finance or related degree.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.