Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Financial Analyst
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 19012179
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Principal Technical Accounting Analyst to join our team in Dulles, VA.
Role description & Responsibilities
The Analyst, Sector Accounting Operations will report to the Sector Manager of Accounting Operations. Core duties of the role will be support the management of the Sector's technical accounting matters, including revenue recognition, accounting for complex arrangements, purchase accounting, etc. This position will work closely with Sector Financial Reporting and Planning. This position will also be responsible for updating and maintain the Sector's Financial Policies and Procedures.
This high impact and high visible role will work closely with the Sector's division business management, shared service center and corporate business management.
- Support the creation/maintenance of NGIS policies and procedures.
- Provide formal and informal GAAP and policies training to Sector business management.
- Work closely with external auditors technical accounting matters.
- Support the implementation of new/updated accounting standards for the Sector.
- Support the documentation of complex and unusual accounting matters.
- Support Sector financial reporting where necessary in the 10-Q/10-K filing process.
- 2-5 years' experience
- Requisite technical knowledge of GAAP to ensure SOX compliance
- Big 4 Experience
- US Public company
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and controls testing best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time analysis and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.