Novogradac & Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Novogradac & Company
# of openings:
Novogradac & Company LLP is a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, and the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 700 employees and partners with more than 25 offices throughout the country. Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 50 certified public accounting and consulting firms. As one of the fastest growing accounting firms in the nation, the firm offers significant growth opportunities for employees. A focus on providing excellent service for clients has made Novogradac & Company a recognized leader in real estate and community development. Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
The Supervisor/Manager will manage a variety of tax, audit and other assignments as designated by the Manager. The Supervisor should function with minimal supervision and increased focus is placed on supervising and mentoring Staff and Senior Accountants, independent problem solving, strengthening client relationships and increasing team profitability.
- Complete tax and/or audit projects for designated clients as directed with minimal oversight by Managers
- Conduct thorough engagement reviews
- Accept increasing responsibility for engagement management
- Recognize potential problem areas during engagements and propose effective solutions
- Conduct business specific research – gather and analyze data, interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations
- Develop, strengthen and maintain effective client relationships through professionalism, responsiveness and service-oriented approach
- Enhance skills in the industries the Firm focuses on by seeking out and completing training courses
- Increase the team’s profitability by managing your time and the time of Staff and Senior Accountants efficiently, contributing ideas and adding value
- Supervise and mentor Staff and Senior Accountants
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Exhibit a strong understanding of accounting and tax rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a level of intellectual curiosity
- Perform work accurately and in a time efficient manner, with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload, effectively manage a variety of concurrent and shifting priorities
- Ability to accept constructive feedback from management and make adjustments as directed
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel) and report writing tools
- Maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers and clients
- Ability to meet internal Firm deadlines (time entry, billing, etc.)
- Available to work evenings and weekends based on position needs, and to travel domestically if required
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance (advanced degree is a plus) and 3-4 years of experience in public accounting, and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience. CPA license required.
Novogradac & Company LLP offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k).
To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website : http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.